Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tortellini Soup

I got this recipe from Charis. She told me she got it from Sarah when they were room mates at BYU. However, I just looked on Sarah's recipe blog (the link is on my side bar) and her recipe is different. Maybe Charis just got the idea from Sarah. Neither Sarah nor Charis put chicken in it when they make it. But I like the chicken in it. It is really good and pretty easy to make. I sometimes use dried tortellini instead of the fresh, frozen kind.

Tortellini Soup

1 lb chicken
2 can Italian stewed tomatoes
1 can mushrooms
1 cup slice carrots
½ cup chopped celery
1 cup sliced zucchini
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg. frozen tortellini
Italian seasoning to taste

Grated
Parmesan cheese

Place chicken in pan. Cover with water and boil until chicken is done. Remove bones and cut chicken into chunks. Place back in chicken broth. Add carrots and celery. Cook until almost tender. Add mushrooms and zucchini. Add frozen tortellini and cook until the tortellini is done.

Sprinkle with
Parmesan cheese and serve.

1 comment:

  1. you really "souped" yours up! I don't think I modified sarah's recipe that much before I taught it to you, I think I essentially used itallian style tomatoes, never put italian seasoning in, I used onions and mushrooms sautaed in garlic, then poored in the chicken broth and boiled the tortillinis until they were finished and then dumped in the tomatoes. i like lots of mushrooms. . .mmm yum. . . but you were the one that turned it into a veggie soup with tortillinis as a side.

    ReplyDelete