Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Flemmings Chocolate Lava Cake

Tonight we are going to Mary's house for dinner to celebrate Joie's, Claralyn's and Elaine's birthdays. I am supposed to bring dessert. I thought about bringing Chocolate Lava Cake because it is so good. But I decided against it because everybody always tells me how good the Chocolate Layer Cake at Costco is. It is way to big for my little family now. I decided this would be a good time to try it, when there will be more people to help us eat it. So that's what I'm getting. Besides that, candles won't melt in it. I hope it is good.
However, I decided to put the recipe for the Chocolate Lava Cake here anyway. I got the recipe from Studio Five on TV around Valentine's Day. It is pretty rich, so use little ramekins if you have them. Or you may want to share.

Flemmings Chocolate Lava Cake

1 lb. Butter
1 lb. Semi-sweet Chocolate
8 whole eggs
8 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
2 Tbs. flour
2 tsp. vanilla

Cut butter and chocolate into small pieces. Heat on low heat in the microwave or over a double boiler until melted, stirring occasionally. While chocolate is melting, combine whole eggs and egg yolks in a mixing bowl and whip until slightly thick, about 5-6 minutes. Mix flour into sugar then pour into eggs and whip for 1 minute to blend. Lightly whip the chocolate and butter until smooth. Add to egg mixture. Add vanilla.
Pour into ramekins (sprayed with PAM or shortening and flour) to about a half inch from the top. Chill for 2-3 hours. Place in a 400 degree oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. (Center will be a bit giggly.) Remove cake from oven and cool for 1 minute or a little more. Place cup on serving plate, top down and remove ramekin. Serve with ice cream or Whipped Cream. Garnish with fresh fruit or chopped nuts.
Larger ramekins take a little longer to bake (not too much, you still want it runny in the middle).

1 comment:

  1. mmm chocolate lava cake. . . . mmm any time you want to make that you can. .. dad invited us over for dinner during conference. . . maybe then would be a good time to make chocolate lava cake. oh and I would love to help with anna's wedding, then i get a sure invitation. . . and I think if you decorate it just like you did the picture of the lava cake that would be great. . . rasberries would be a nice effect. . . what are anna's colors?

    ReplyDelete