Monday, September 14, 2009

Death By Chocolate

Hmmm...I just looked at the side bar of this blog and discovered that I have more dessert recipes on here than anything else. What does that say about me? I really don't make desserts that often. But, I think that when I do, I usually use a recipe. When I cook other things I often just make it up as I go. I just throw together things I have on hand and don't care too much if it turns out the same every time. If I'm going to waste the calories and the time to make a dessert, I want it to be worth the effort so I use a recipe.
Our Relief Society used to have a Christmas party every year. Each woman in the ward would submit a recipe and prepare it for the party. They would have the food at 3 or 4 different homes and we would go from home to home tasting all the food. At the end, they gave everyone a cookbook with all the recipes in them. This is a recipe that Brooke Anderson brought one year. Everybody loved it. It is really yummy! She said sometimes she uses Nutella to flavor the Cool Whip.

Death by Chocolate

Bake a 9x13 pan of brownies. Crumble when cool.

Make 2 3oz
pkgs of chocolate pudding. You may use instant if desired. If you cook the pudding, cool before combining.

In a trifle bowl or glass dish layer;
½ pudding
½ brownies
1 8oz. Container of cool whip flavored with chocolate syrup

Sprinkle with 2 crushed
SKOR toffee bars

layer:
½ pudding
½ brownies
1 8oz container of cool whip flavored with chocolate syrup

Decorate with chocolate curls or sprinkles

Refrigerate 4 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment