Thursday, September 10, 2009

Apple Stuff

I do believe that some people call this apple crisp. But, in our house, it's always been just apple stuff. I got this recipe in my Jr. High cooking class. Allan loves this. It is a great way to get rid of apples that are getting old and are losing their crispness. It's even good the day after, warmed up in the microwave. And it makes the house smell divine! If we have a lot of people around, I will triple or quadruple the recipe and cook it in a 9" x 13" cake pan or a large dripper pan.

Apple Stuff

Part I
4 cups peeled and sliced apples
⅓ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour

Part II
½ cup flour
½ cup oats
½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter

Put part I in a pan (bread pan). Mix part II and put over part I. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Serves 6-8

Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

3 comments:

  1. perfect timeing, I was thinking I would make this tomorrow! yeah for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo yummy! I'm going to make it with peachs instead of apples next time, we'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sooooo good! It may be better with peachs. Although the peachs were a pane to peel. But it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete