Monday, September 28, 2009

Pumpkin Cake Roll

A few days ago, Sarah asked if I would help make the refreshments for her little sisters wedding. I think it will be fun. I'm hoping Charis will help me a little (hint, hint). She is getting married the end of October. She wants to serve Pumpkin Cake Roll. I think it is a good choice for a fall wedding. It is pretty and yummy and it just feels Autumny to me. I got the recipe for it from Mary. If anybody has any great ideas on how to sort of garnish it to dress it up a little let me know.


Pumpkin Cake Roll

Beat 6 eggs at high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually add 2 cups sugar. Stir in 1⅓ cup *Libby's pumpkin and 2 tsp. lemon juice.

Sift together and fold into above mixture:
1½ cup flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. nutmeg

Cover 2 15x10 inch jelly roll pans with foil and brush with oil (or spray with PAM). Divide batter evenly into 2 pans. Sprinkle each pan with 2 cup nuts. Bake at 375ยบ for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle 2 dish towels with powdered sugar. Turn hot cake onto towel. Peel off foil. Fold one end of towel over cake and roll the cake up in the towel. Let cool completely. Unwrap cake and spread filling (recipe below). And roll back up. Chill. Slice and serve.


Filling:
2 tsp vanilla
1 8 Oz. pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1 stick butter (margarine)
1 lb. powdered sugar

*I've made this with Libby's pumpkin as well as with store house brands of pumpkin. Libby's pumpkin really does work much better!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrisy!

    All of your recipes look fabulous!!!! I can't wait to try some of them! I'm always looking for great recipes and never know which ones to choose. But I happen to have had a few of your delectable dishes and know what a fantastic cook you are! I can most definitely make these with no qualms. Thanks for blogging them!

    Hugs,
    Carrie Hill

    ReplyDelete