Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cinnamon Oat Pancake Mix

I've actually never made these pancakes. I forgot I had the recipe. My good friend Marianne invited us to breakfast several years ago. She served these pancakes with Cinnamon Cream Syrup. It was delicious. Marrianne, Dannette and I took a lot of cooking classes together, back in the day. Marianne is a great cook. It was always fun to things with her.

Cinnamon Oat Pancake Mix

4 C quick cooking oats
2 C whole wheat flour
2 C white flour
1 C nonfat dry milk
2 T. ground cinnamon
5 t baking powder
½ t. cream of tartar

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Yield: about 8 C of mix, enough for 4 batches of pancakes.

To make pancakes: in a mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs. Gradually beat in ⅓ cup vegatable oil. Alternately beat in 2 cup of pancake mix and 1 cup of water. Cook on a lightly greased skillet over med‑high heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment