Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cubby Oatmeal Cookies

I think that in Allan's opinion, there's not much better than a good oatmeal cookie and a tall glass of milk. I got this recipe many years ago when I was a Den Mother in Cub Scouts. It is in the Bear Cub Scout Handbook. I think the same recipe was on the back of the Quaker Oats canisters several years ago (I think they've changed it now). I used to make these cookies a lot when my kids were little. I don't make them as often now. I like to pack them full of stuff like coconut and nuts and raisins. But, some of my kids don't like raisins and Cuyler is allergic to nuts so if I'm in a nice mood, I make them without those things. Craisins are good in them, too.

Cubby Oatmeal Cookies

¾ cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup sugar
1 egg
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups oats (plus a little)
1 cup flour (plus a little)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon soda
Add raisins, nuts, coconut or chocolate chips if desired.
Beat margarine, sugars, egg, water and vanilla until creamy. Add combined remaining ingredients. Mix well. Drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chrisy,

    I made these the other day and added white choco chips and craisins... they were a hit with the hubby and the kids... Thanks for sharing your cookie tips.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete