Monday, August 17, 2009

Peas & Tuna Fish

This is another recipe that I grew up on. My mother served this often. She used canned peas and she served it over toast. Allan's mother occasionally made a similar dish without the peas. She served hers over biscuits. Consequently, that is how I serve it, now (over biscuits, not without the peas). Some of my kids really like this. Others don't particularly care for it. Whenever I serve it Allan asks me if we are broke. He calls it poor man food.

Peas and Tuna Fish

¼ cup margarine
½ cup flour
½ t. salt
3 cups milk
½ pkg. frozen peas
2 cans tuna fish (drained)

Melt margarine and mix with flour. Add salt. Add milk and cook until thickened. Add peas and tuna fish and heat until peas are thawed.
Serve over warm biscuits or toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment