Monday, July 20, 2009

Raisin Filled Cookies

I love these cookies. Probably because they remind me of my childhood. These are one of the few cookies I remember my mom making when I was small. I rarely make them because they are a little labor intensive and Allan doesn't like them very much and I don't think my kids loved them either. But regardless of what they all think, these cookies are really good. Just ask any of my sisters.
This is an old fashioned cookie. Use basic sugar cookie dough for the cookie part.

Raisin Cookie Filling

Boil: 1 cup raisin in 3 cup water until plump (about 15 minutes)

In a bowl mix: 2 heaping Tablespoons corn starch with a little more that ½ cup sugar.
Add: enough water to make a paste ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Add paste to boiled raisins and cook until sauce is clear.

Place a tablespoon of raisin mixture in center of round sugar cookie dough. Place another circle on top and seal edges. Bake according to sugar cookie recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment