Monday, July 13, 2009

Macaroni and Tomatoes

The other day I was emailing my sisters about the foods my mom used to cook. I think my older sisters remember her being a better cook than I do. I think that by the time I came along she had grown weary of cooking and just cooked the basics and simple dishes. I think at this point in my life, I'm becoming more and more like her. Anyway, one of the things that I remember her cooking is Macaroni and Tomatoes. We had it often for lunch or dinner. It was one of the things that I remembered with my sisters. I had not had it since I was a child and decided I would try it again. I just made enough for myself because I didn't think anyone else would like it. While I was making it, Michael came in and asked if he could try some. I gave him some. He ate it all and when he finished I asked how he liked it. He said, "It was delicious, Grandma". He was right, to my surprise, it was.

Macaroni & Tomatoes

Bring about 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 lb. Macaroni. Cook until tender. Drain. Add 1 can of stewed tomatoes. Add a pat of butter to each serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment