Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pumpkin Pie

Margaret told me many years ago that the recipe on the Libby's pumpkin can was the best there was. I agree. Of all the recipes for a regular pumpkin pie, I have tried, it is the best. And I like regular pumpkin pie better than any other kinds.
Sometimes I make it with fresh pumpkin. I just cook the pumpkin in the microwave until it is soft, then put it through the blender until it is smooth. I think pumpkin pie made from fresh pumpkin is even better than pie made from canned pumpkin. However, it is runnier so you will need to cook it a little longer.

Libby's Pumpkin Pie

4 eggs slightly beaten
1 29 oz can (3 cups) pumpkin
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2 cans (13 oz. each) evaporated milk (or 3 1/2 cups half and half)
2 9" unbaked pie shells

Preheat oven to 425. Combine ingredients in order. Divide evenly into shells. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake an additional 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of each pie comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment