Saturday, November 7, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

Rosalie called me and asked me to post this recipe.
Allan doesn't like anything made with peanut butter. However he loves peanut butter sandwiches. I don't really get it. But consequently, I rarely make these cookies anymore. I used to make them when I had little kids at home. Actually, I rarely make any cookies anymore.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Mix well. Shape in 1 inch balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press with cookie press or bottom of glass, or crisscross with fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment