Monday, November 23, 2009

Funeral Potatoes

In the past two days, both Charis & Rosalie have asked me for the recipe for funeral potatoes. I'm not sure why. Maybe they have been talking to each other. I just boil the potatoes for a couple of minutes before I grate them. They still need to be firm, not soft, or they will go mushy.

Funeral Potatoes

6 potatoes (or more)
3 green onions
2 cups medium cheddar cheese (grated)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cups crushed cornflakes.

Boil and grate potatoes. Toss lightly with other ingredients (except corn flakes).
Place in 9x13 pan and sprinkle cornflakes on top.
Bake 30 minutes at 350ยบ.

1 comment:

  1. so, under your thanksgiving category the only thing you have is pecan pie. . . which is the most important part of thanksgiving, in my opinion anyhow, but i know you are planning on lots more food than that for thanksgiving. one of your thanksgiving traditionals is fruit salad. . . can you post that? i am trying to decided if I am gutsy enough to show up at Maragarets with some fruit salad, she asked me to bring dessert. . . so I will bring pecan pie. . . i think she wants some pumpkin something, so maybe I will do a pumpkin pie. . . maybe I will go buy a pumpkin cheese cake. . . i am not sure, but I need pecan pie. . . and thanksgiving just isn't the same without fruit salad, so I might bring that too. but I need the recipe

    ReplyDelete