Friday, November 6, 2009

Pecan Cheesecake Pie

Allan got this recipe off the bulletin board in the elevator of the Church Office Building when he was working as a custodian there. He worked there for about 4 years while he was going to college. He worked everyday from 5:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. Then he would go to school every morning at about 9:00. Most of the time, he went straight from school to work. The first year he worked at the Church Office Building, I worked at the Salt Lake School District Office, calling substitutes, from 6:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. Sometimes my mom would come take care of Josh for a few minutes until I got home from work. Allan & I hardly ever saw each other that year. It was a busy time. But somehow we survived.
This pie has become the family favorite. I make it every Thanksgiving as well as other times during the year. I think almost everybody likes it. It is the perfect combination of traditional Pecan Pie and cheesecake.

Pecan Cheesecake Pie

Blend in blender until smooth:
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. salt

Spread over unbaked pie shell
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)

Blend in blender:
3 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup dark corn syrup or maple syrup or combination (I use any brand imitation maple pancake syrup
1 t. vanilla

Carefully pour over nuts. Decorate with pecan or walnut halves.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm my favorite. . . i think this is my favorite food in the whole world. see good things come from sacrifice. If dad didn't work all those long hard hours, i would have never discovered such an amazing delicacy. I also love the stories and memmories you post with your recipes. thanks, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete