Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Carmel Apple Popcorn

I'm a little reluctant to post this recipe.
I've made it for several family parties this year. I made it for Elijah's baptism. and Allan has taken it to work a few times. Every time I make it, people tell me how delicious it is. Several people have actually told me it is the best popcorn they have ever eaten.  It is that good!  That's why I am a little reluctant to share the recipe.  If I ever find a popcorn contest, I might just enter this, since it is actually my very own creation.  I'm a little concerned that someone may beat me to it.  Oh well, here goes.  Be prepared, it is a little addicting.

Carmel Apple Popcorn

2 gallons popped popcorn (8 oz. unpopped)
Several handfuls of dried apples (to taste)

1/2 cup butter (or margarine)
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup white corn syrup
1 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. Apple flavoring  (available at Bakers Cash and Carry)
Pinch of baking soda


White chocolate (available at Bakers Cash and Carry)
Cinnamon Sugar in a shaker
            2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
            6 Tbsp. Sugar

Put popped corn and dried apples in a very large bowl.
Melt butter in saucepan. Add corn syrup, then brown sugar and water. Mix and place on medium heat. Stir constantly; bring to a hard boil.  Add pinch of baking soda and apple flavoring, stir in thoroughly. Remove immediately from heat and pour caramel sauce over the popped corn and mix thoroughly.


Spread popcorn on a large strip of parchment paper (4-5 feet) drizzle with melted white chocolate. While the chocolate is still wet sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. When the chocolate has set up, turn popcorn over and repeat on other side (if desired)

Break into bite sized pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment